Thursday, August 21, 2014

A place of grace homeschool blog

Welcome to A Place of Grace.  We are in our second year of homeschooling our 2 daughters.  After 5 years of public schools and a very spunky daughter with ADHD, we decided that public school may not be the best option for us.  Homeschooling was always a draw for me but I NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS thought I could do it.  I work 2 part time jobs, and my husband works 50+ hours a week, so on paper, it didn't look like an option for us, but, God's plans for us were made very clear so...here we are 2 years later.  I still work 2 jobs.  One from home and 2 days a week at the other, which is when my very faithful Godly mother makes sure the lesson plans get done.  Our first year was a MESS to be quite honest.  We started strong and fizzled out hard!  I planned way too much and tried to cram in extreme amounts of work.  This was terrible for our daughter with ADHD who just wanted to do front handsprings and hang upside down while she did math (not kidding).  And our older, calm, quiet, go with the flow daughter began to dread things she once loved.  So, we quit early.  Didn't finish a single textbook. I prayed for wisdom and sought out a veteran homeschool mom who had graduated 4 kids. She was truly a gift from God. Her answers to my questions all seemed incredibly simple and I was in disbelief.  I had to go home and repeat our entire conversation to my husband and I even emailed her back a couple of times saying "did you really say this was all you did??" So, we are now in our second year and things are running beautifully thanks to her advice and the advice of many other homeschool moms who share their journey on a blog.  Some of the blogs out there have been such a wealth of information.  Things are going so well for us now that I just can't keep all of these gold nuggets of wisdom that have been shared with me to myself.  So, here we are at A Place of Grace!  I will be posting weekly with tips, curriculum we love, do it yourself unit studies, projects etc.  Be sure to follow me to get the updates!  Ready??? Let's go!

Crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment